Saturday 31 December 2016

Lessons I learnt in 2016

2016 is a year that most people won't forget and I am one of those people who can say 2016 was a mixture of a lot of good times and a few downtimes but it was a year where I learnt so much and couldn't believe how much I didn't know about. So in no particular order these are top lessons learnt in 2016.

1.....Love doesn't come when you are looking: I have been dating my husband for 5yrs before we got married and there are a few things I always wanted him to do you know like make me the centre of his world, like showcase me everywhere, like call me like every 2hrs, like tell me am the best thing since slice bread but No Mr M did none of it. He just kept our relationship at the basic level and after complaining for a while I stopped but the surprise came after our introduction in 2015, My husband became the romantic man oh, calling me, telling me how much I mattered and I was like really? Is this my life ,somebody wake me up.lol.  We got married in june and i can 100% say i was a spoilt wife in all ways as Mr M brought his A game and i guess that was why i grew fat sef * covers face*Moral of this story is love is a funny concept and it doesn't come in the packaging that you want it most times so be patient and watch it work for you finally.enough about love biko.......let's talk something else .....
        The bride herself looking all nice and clean.                          2.....Friends are important and special: I got married this year and I didn't plan on having bridesmaid because honestly I just felt no one would be willing to be on that train as I have always been a one friend kind of person I latter decided to have 6 and then 8 but guess what I ended up with 3 but these girls showed mi love and we had so much I forgot that we were just 4, there was no asoebi but we had fun in our own way and I am sincerely thankful to them and my mum in her motherly way has adopted them as her kids immediately. She kept saying your friends are so nice . Well I am nice too.
My bridesmaid and I

  
3.... Computer skills: You taught it was only life lessons I learnt well sorry I also did a little of book learning too. During my IT I wanted to spend it at a library but most of the libraries in Lagos where far from where I stay in Lagos so I decided to settle for a computer institute and I learnt a lot of things I could do with my computer system that I felt like I have been Underutilizing my laptop for the longest time possible. It might be basic skills to some people but honestly it meant alot to me and I enjoyed going to that computer school almost everyday and also very grateful for the skills I learnt
Favorite picture from my work place....

4...... Family is super important and should not be taken for granted: I have always valued my family but honestly this year during my wedding I saw how much family was important, I mean my elder brother was literally carrying plates around and sharing food. While my younger brother had to run up and down just to get a better sound system for the traditional wedding when the one we intailly had failed. My younger sister on the hand did so much work and cried so much when I was leaving that she had to get new Glasses for her eyes.
My lovely parents who gave Me the amazing family.

    So in no particular order those are my top lessons learnt and I can't wait for the lessons that 2017 would teach me and I hope they are good ones with a beautiful smile to show for it.

One of my Favorite shots of 2016
Wishing You smiles and more smiles in 2017....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Being an Army Wife..

Photo Credit - Pinterest Mr M works for one of the military agencies and i always knew it won't be easy being his wife  because fro...