Monday 15 May 2017

The High and Lows of My Wedding Day

I got married 4th of June last year and as much at it was a beautiful day...there were a few things that didn't turn out the way i did and in anticipation to my one year anniversary i would be writing about the highs and lows....let us start with the lows...
  • The reception didn't really go as planned,the MC was hired by my parents so it meant that he listened to them more than he listened to me...i mean i wanted to throw my bouquet but he said no time(can you imagine), i also wanted for i and my husband to play games but sadly that didn't happen as well in fact our reception was more of dancing, taking pictures and more dancing...
  • The lady that decorated the venue was so annoying, even after paying her more than 75%  of the money, she still didn't let me enjoy my day in peace until i had to send her to my mum to give her the money (Kill Joy)
  • The make up Artist left in the morning so i had to just make do with the rubbish that was left on my face like that while struggling to get the cake and my bridesmaid to the venue..

The Highs are so much i don't know where to start so i would just write as much as i can
  • The music was so good i danced so much at the reception and even my friends had a really great time that they haven't stopped talking about it till today..My husband who doesn't dance sef, rocked so much that his parents were surprised i mean at a point he pulled off his suit just to dance. lol.
  • The cake was very beautiful and tasty and the woman who baked it didn't even charge much and everyone who had a taste enjoyed it as well...The amount of food at my wedding was so much that my course mates said they had double rations of food every day till the day they left and the funny thing is as much as the food was i didn't even taste anything sef (Bridal Blues abi na Butterflies sef) but at least no case of  I no chop sob stories.
The Cake
  •                                                                My Nikkah Dress


                                                          Mr M spraying his Queen
  • My dresses for both traditional, Nikkah and reception was very beautiful and i loved them all especially my reception gown, it was beautiful and very different that i felt very excited immediately put it on.
  • My friends made my day. They were there for me and they gave there all in every and any day. they danced, laughed, helped out with chores at home and catered to my yeye outbursts and bridal cold feet....they were the real MVP.....
                                      
My Course mates...

                                                 
My Bridesmaid and I
On a general note, my wedding wasn't exactly the most happiest day of my life but i was happy and i am forever grateful to my parents and my other parents for sponsoring our wedding and making it a beautiful day within the limits and means they could and even though i was very unhappy about the event, a lot of things have happened to make me understand that my wedding was a very beautiful and i should appreciate it... till i write again Be Happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Being an Army Wife..

Photo Credit - Pinterest Mr M works for one of the military agencies and i always knew it won't be easy being his wife  because fro...